Get Your Patriot911 Newsletter In Your Email Inbox
Editor’s Note: This is the official news release from the U.S. Department of Energy
WASHINGTON, D.C.—The U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Fossil Energy and Carbon Management (FECM) today announced an additional Notice of Sale of up to 20 million additional barrels of crude oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR). This Notice of Sale is part of President Biden’s announcement on March 31, 2022 authorizing the sale of crude oil from the SPR to address the significant market supply disruption caused by Putin’s war on Ukraine and help lower energy costs for American families.
The President’s announcement called to release one million barrels of SPR crude oil per day over six months. This historic release of SPR crude has provided a record amount of crude oil supply to the U.S. economy and will continue until the end of October 2022.
DOE plans to release, from the SPR, up to 2.8 million barrels of sour crude oil and 17.2 million barrels of sweet crude oil, totaling 20 million barrels with deliveries from September 16 until October 21, 2022. DOE must receive bids for this notice no later than 10:00 a.m. Central Time on August 2, 2022. Contracts will be awarded to successful offerors no later than August 11, 2022.
The sale will be conducted with crude oil from the following three SPR sites:
- Up to 7.6 million barrels from Big Hill
- Up to 9.6 million barrels from West Hackberry
- Up to 2.8 million barrels from Bryan Mound
The SPR is the world’s largest supply of emergency crude oil, and the federally owned oil stocks are stored in underground salt caverns at four storage sites in Texas and Louisiana. The SPR has a long history of protecting the economy and American livelihoods in times of emergency oil shortages.
Any company registered in the SPR’s Crude Oil Sales Offer Program is eligible to participate in this and other SPR crude oil sales. Other interested companies may register through the SPR’s website: Crude Oil Sales Offer Program.
JOIN US @Patriot911News on our Telegram, Twitter, Facebook Page and Groups, and other social media for instant news updates!
Patriot911News depends on your support as a patriot-ran conservative breaking news headlines website. Donate now
- Alexandra Brinkley is a News Desk writer for Patriot911News. She seeks out the truth and reports the news based on facts.
- News2022.09.10JUST IN: Voting booms in 5 states that passed election reforms
- Breaking2022.09.04VIDEO: Donald Trump brands Biden the ‘enemy of the state’ at his Save America Rally in Wilkes-Barre, PA
- News2022.08.10Steve Bannon at CPAC: “If you’re not 120% committed” to saving America it won’t happen (VIDEO)
- Breaking2022.08.09Judge who reportedly signed warrant to raid Mar-A-Lago is former Epstein lawyer and Obama donor