Get Your Patriot911 Newsletter In Your Email Inbox
Tim Michels defeated former Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch Tuesday to win the Republican nomination for Wisconsin’s upcoming gubernatorial election.
Just before midnight on Tuesday, August 9, various election analysts predicted the Republican candidate for governor of Wisconsin. With almost 98% of the votes counted, the candidate favored by Trump has 47% of the vote, while the candidate backed by Pence has 42%.
In the crucial battleground state, Michels will now face incumbent Governor Tony Evers.
In several other gubernatorial contests, Trump and Pence candidates faced off for the nominations. In Georgia, Trump’s Davide Perdue lost to Pence’s incumbent Brian Kemp, while Trump’s Kari Lake defeated Pence’s Karrin Taylor Robb in Arizona.
Charlie Sykes, author and political pundit, tweeted:
“Tim Michels spent the most of his campaign ducking the media, missing debates, and perspiring heavily when he did make an appearance. All he had going for him (other than money) was Trump’s backing and his inability to think independently.”
Tim Michels spent the most of his campaign ducking the media, missing debates, and perspiring heavily when he did make an appearance.
Tim Michels spoke on Fox News to discuss his support by Trump, stating that the Democrats are afraid of him because they realize he poses a serious danger to Governor Tony Evers — and that Donald Trump is aware of this as well.
“President Trump backed me because he enjoys winning and believes I am a winner. He is aware that my history contrasts sharply with that of Tony Evers, and this is the winning recipe.”
We have zero tolerance for comments that involve violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or impolite conduct. If a comment is spam, please click the symbol below and to the right of that comment rather than reacting to it. Thank you for collaborating with us to maintain constructive dialogue.
- Lucas Collins is a writer for Patriot911News. He strives to write timely, thought-provoking articles.
- Breaking2022.08.12BREAKING: Kari Lake shares homeless plan at press conference outside Phoenix homeless camp
- News2022.08.10Trump-endorsed Tim Michels defeats Pence-endorsed for Governor in WI primary
- Breaking2022.08.01JUST IN: Capitol rioter sentenced to 7 years of prison
- Breaking2022.07.29JUST IN: Wisconsin activist says he committed voter fraud to expose potential voter fraud